Re: ALSA Troubles...

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:13:50 -0400
Alex Derkach <aderkach@spymac.com> wrote:

> Hello, I have been trying to set up my sound card (CMedia CM8738) to
> work with alsa. All of the appropreate modules for the device are
> loaded (see below) but alsamixer shows that their is no such device.
> /proc/asound/cards shows no soundcards, I am using a stock 2.6.7-k7
> kernel image. Thanks!

I had the same problem when I recently switched from 2.4.18 to
2.6.6-2-k7. Check to make sure alsa-base is installed (apt-get install
alsa-base). You may also want to install alsa-utils and alsa-oss, if
they're not already installed.

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #14:
Linux, the way to get rid of boot viruses.