Re: Linux as Windows Update Server???

Nicolas Montauban wrote:

I use squid as proxy cache with option:
maximum_object_size 8192 KB
or more

one client go, other get update from proxy

does someone know a solution to use linux as an windows update server.
Something like, check local network/ workstations for installed updates
and
install missing updates remotly.

Nicolas M.

Thanks for your answer, i disabled the caching of *.microsoft.com because i got sometimes problems with it. I install two machines with W2k SP4 and start the update, first runs fine, second tells me there are no needed updates. I thought there must be something cached, so i disabled the caching of *.microsoft.com. Do you know that?

Stefan D.