Re: [linux-audio-user] Mellotron

Ryan,
> It's not *impossible* I bet someone with a lot of patience could set
> some reasonable loop points.  The mellotron is a neat sounding
> instrument, I'd be really excited to have digital copies of the original
> tape loops.  But each of these key presses is about a minute long and
> the mellotron has a real "dynamic" sound so getting a loop that doesn't
> sound like a "broken record" or abrupt buzz will be hard.

It would be nice if you could serve to this from other applications... That way you could just define a clip or selection on whatever timeline you happen to be using and send it to the Mellotron emulation for further processing {which you could write back to the timeline or to disk or simply play in the Mellotron.}

This message has been brought to you in part by a grant from Columba.