Re: Is Linux Unix?

John L Fjellstad <john-debian@fjellstad.org> wrote in message news:<2jYu2-6Py-5@gated-at.bofh.it>...
> I was wondering if Linux can be considered Unix?

This question makes me laugh (no offense to you) because it reminds me (and
would remind many people who frequent(ed) comp.unix.admin) of a certain person,
who would never fail to be offended, saying "Linux is not Unix" as if it were an
mantra, whenever an innocent poster asks a question about Linux in comp.unix.admin.
If you are intrested, seach the google groups with "Rev Don McDonald Unix
Linux".  He was very derisive toward Linux and fierce enough in repeating the
mantra to scare novices off and to be quite notorious to the frequenters.

Cheers,
Ryo