Re: Is Linux Unix?

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:

>I've used Unix and I've used Linux.  Linux is Unix.

I've used Unix and Linux too, but I would not say Linux is Unix.  I would say for most tasks, Linux or Unix can be made to serve equally well.

If it looks like a rose, smells like a rose, feels like a rose, and tastes like a rose it is not necessarily a rose.....but who cares at that point? (lawyers and their ilk I guess).

Pat

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.