Re: How do I get rid of the mutt mail headers

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 12:45:43PM -0700, Jim McCloskey wrote:

| On a related matter, though ...
|
| I switched from Emacs RMAIL to Mutt a couple of months ago, and there
| is just one thing that I miss from RMAIL. The command
| rmail-output-body-to-file (bound by default to `w') saves only the
| body of the mail-message, eliminating all headers.
|
| I often want to do this, but haven't yet found a way to do it in
| Mutt. Does anyone know if it's possible?

Start with the 'v' command to view the MIME structure of the message.
On the desired section, press "|" to pipe that section to a command.
For the command, use 'cat > foo' to save the test to a file named
"foo".

Another option would be to create a filter that simply strips the
headers.  That would be fairly simple, even in sed(1).  Then pipe the
message to that script.  (use a macro to bind the command to a single
keypress)

HTH,
-D

--