Ipaq connection with usbnet

Hi list,

I'm trying to connect my laptop (Debian unstable) to my Ipaq (Opie on
Familiar) via an usb connection.
I used to do this on my previous laptop, and since then nothing has changed on
the Ipaq. I've loaded the usbnet module but when I connect the Ipaq, dmesg
gives me nothing.
I can use my usb pen drive, so usb is ok. It just doesn't seem to 'see' the
Ipaq.

I'm a bit confused on how to beat some sense into it. I remember that I
initially had some problems on my other laptop, but that was on a higher
level, I could always see the device being picked up in dmesg.

What am I missing here, or where should I start looking?

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.