Re: help on Keyboard language..

on Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:06:47PM +0100, Steven Satelle insinuated:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:47:07 +0200, Lorenzo Rossi wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > when I installed debian I setup my keyboard with italian layout.
> > After an apt-get upgrade I loose the keyboard settings..how can I
> > restore the correct language?
> >
> > thanks
> > Lorenzo
>
> if you do a dpkg-reconfigure locales it will take you through the
> same config as the original install

will that do it?  i don't think it's just the locales he needs, but
the keyboard layout itself.  to do this, you'll need to do a
dpkg-reconfigure base-config.  (this is the only thing i know to do
when i'm passing off a computer whose layout i've set to be dvorak to
someone who only does qwerty ;)

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori

++     Sponsor me as I run my SECOND marathon for AIDS:       ++
++ http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2844 ++