Re: systemwide umask definition?

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:53:46 +0200 (CEST)
Trollcollect <trollcollect@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> please reply Cc: to me as i cant follow this list from
> work.
>
> My problem is that i cant find where to set the system
> wide umask for my sarge system. I've tried to do it in
> /etc/profile as well as /etc/login.defs, to no avail.
> So desperate that i even tried a reboot :(
>
> Any pointers?

What syntax did you use? On my Sarge system it's in /etc/profile with a
simple "umask 022" line. Logging out and back in should be enough for
this setting to take affect.

What did you do to believe that the umask setting wasn't working?

Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #13:
The nice thing about Windows is - It doesn't just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.