Re: Bash equivalent to DOS /p

Rus Foster wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Duggan wrote:

I know that this is a really n00bish question, but I have to ask. What is the command that limits output from a command to just a page at a time, like the /p command in DOS?

Thankyou

Elijah

Try

cmd | less

Rgds

rus
I tried both Thomas's and your suggestions and neither has worked. Just to clarify I am trying to use the dumpkeys command and the output from it doesn't fit in one screen. I am not working in an X environment so there are no scroll bars so I'm trying to figure out how I can see the output page by page.

Thanks

Elijah