Re: Bash equivalent to DOS /p

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 09:59:32PM +0800, Duggan wrote:
> I know that this is a really n00bish question, but I have to ask.  What
> is the command that limits output from a command to just a page at a
> time, like the /p command in DOS?
Oeh what about piping it to more or less?
try cat /etc/passwd|less or cat /etc/passwd|more
less is not always installed maybe you need to apt-get install it.
You can leave less with 'q'.

It ain't so bad bein' alone if you know it'll never last nothing lasts forever
'cept the certainly of change and love's the same It's a game with simple rules
If you think it's forever then you're nothing but a fool
   [Venerea - Love Is A Battlefield Of Wounded Hearts]