[Fwd: Installing package on debian]

--- Begin Message ---
Hi all,

I have crazy problem installing expect package.
I have Debian Sarge on that machine  and i am trying to install expect
5.39 package.

It gave me dependency errors of tk8.3 and tcl so

dpkg -l tcl8.3

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                          Version
Description
+++-=============================-=============================-==========================================================================

ii  tcl8.3                        8.3.5-4                       Tcl (the
Tool Command Language) v8.3 - run-time files

|||ly ,
 dpkg -l tk8.3

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                          Version
Description
+++-=============================-=============================-==========================================================================

ii  tk8.3                         8.3.5-4                       Tk
toolkit for Tcl and X11, v8.3 - run-time files

Then i do a apt-get install expect & i even tried with dpkg -i expect

I get the follwing

dpkg -l expect

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                          Version
Description
+++-=============================-=============================-==========================================================================

rc  expect                        5.41.0-1                      A
program that "talks" to other programs

But when i do locate expect  , I get the following ,

/home/vijaya/expect_5.39.0-1_i386.deb
/usr/local/lib/expect5.38
/usr/share/vim/vim61/syntax/expect.vim
/var/cache/apt/archives/expect_5.41.0-1_i386.deb

Surprisingly i have deleted the .deb file in /home/vijaya i mean the
expect_5.39.0-1_i386.deb
I dont understand where it is showing up from...

Whats the problem here or where is the expect getting installed

Help pls

Regards,

Vijaya

--- End Message ---