Re: How do I move apt cache from /var/cache/apt/archives ?

Shahid Bhatti wrote:
Hi,
While doing a distribution upgrade on my newly installed Debian server it seems I've run out of space on the root partition / because I got the error message "E: Sorry, you don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/ to hold all the .debs."

Now I have added the following line in my /etc/apt/apt.conf to move the apt cache to another place ( "/home/aptcache" in this case) but even then apt is not recognizing this change:

Dir::Cache::Archives "/home/aptcache"

Can you please tell me if there is another way to move the apt cache to another place other than /var/cache/apt/archives/

mv /var/cache/apt/archives /home/aptcache
cd /var/cache/apt
ln -s /home/aptcache archives

Cheers,

Rob.