Re: /proc/bus/usb directory is empty

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 02:44:41PM -0400, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> Is the following in /etc/fstab?
>
> none            /proc/bus/usb   usbdevfs defaults               0       0

I thought it was "usbfs"... Hmmm looking in a 2.4.23
Doc../usb/proc_usb_info.txt document:

**NOTE**: If /proc/bus/usb appears empty, and a host controller
	  driver has been linked, then you need to mount the
	  filesystem.  Issue the command (as root):

      mount -t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb

**NOTE**: The filesystem has been renamed from "usbdevfs" to
	  "usbfs", to reduce confusion with "devfs".  You may
	  still see references to the older "usbdevfs" name.

I guess both work but it is migrating to usbfs. <shrug>

<snip>

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Tom Brown wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have two machines that are identical in hardware. One is running RH 8.0
> > (kernel 2.4.18) and the other is running Debian Woody (kernel 2.4.26). The
> > machine running RH 8.0 shows all the USB ports in /proc/bus/usb. However, on
> > the machine running Debian, the /proc/bus/usb directory is empty. I used the
> > same .config file to build the kernels on each machine. Why is the Debian
> > machine not recognizing the USB ports?
snip

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.