Re: Can't play audio CDs with XMMS

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:21:07 -0700
Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> wrote:

> I just installed a new Sarge system and went to play an audio CD like
> I always do by clicking on the open button and entering /dev/cdrom in
> the textfield and hitting enter.
>
> However, the dialog goes away but the UI doesn't do anything.
>
> XMMS plays MPEGS just fine, and gnome-cd plays CDs.

If you've configured the CD Audio player properly under Audio/IO plugins
in XMMS preferences, try browsing to the cdrom mount point in XMMS' add
file dialog, then click on "Add all files in directory" and "Close".

Note that your audio cd does not need to be mounted, but you still have
to browse to the mount point for XMMS to show you the audio tracks on
the cd.

HTH,
Jacob

P.S. The above mentioned steps just worked great on my Sarge
installation, current as of yesterday afternoon.

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #37:
Are you tired of being a crash test dummy for Microsoft? Discover Linux.