Re: Playing around with exec sample

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 05:40:07PM +0200, Otto Wyss wrote:
| > On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:06:05PM +0200, Otto Wyss wrote:
| > | I want to start a process in my app and capture its output and error
| > | messages. Therefore I played a little with the exec sample under Windows
| > | but I wasn't able to capture any process output, the window of the exec
| > | sample always stayed empty. I.e. I just called a process which prints
| > | its help.
| >
| > If you are using Windows then you will be better off asking on a
| > Windows forum.  This is a Debian (Linux) forum.
| >
| I read Debian and wxWidgets (wxWindows) through my newsreader but with
| both it's not possible to post via news, so I just mixed up the
| mail-addresses.

Ohh, wxWindows.  That's very different from "Windows" which generally
means "Microsoft Windows".  I see now.  I must apologize, then, for
thinking that you were one of those people who somehow thinks
debian-user is the place to ask about their missing printer icon or
aol art files.

Maybe the sample python code I posted will help you see how it is
supposed to work and you can translate it to C++ or whatever you are
writing.  I could probably knock together a quick wxPython example
too, but I haven't written any GUI code in quite a while.  The easiest
way to find out what you did wrong is to post the code you tried.

Finally, in case you aren't aware, gmane provides a news->mail gateway
which allows you to post (via gmane's server) to mailing lists using
your newsreader.

HAND,
-D

--
The wise in heart are called discerning,
and pleasant words promote instruction.