Re: dselect alternatives

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:57:43 +0000, ricktaylor wrote:

>  Personally, I'd use kpackage or synaptic in X and dselect in a terminal
>  {mainly because synaptic and kpackage are easier to read... the

I've always found that unless I stick to one package manager - synaptic at
the moment, they resolve deps differently so while running synaptic
says everything is ok, aptitude says there are unresolved deps, so it
decides I need to remove a bunch of packages, I remember once, dselect
decided I needed to remove nearly the whole damm system, and since I
wasnt actually watching what it was saying I said ok. I've used aptitude
for a while but I prefer synaptic's search capabilities. The only thing
wrong with it is by default I like to view my packages grouped by section,
which I need to set up manually