startx setting the nice level to 5?

Hi!

I just noticed that lots of my process run at nice level 5. When I login
at the VC the nice level is 0 as it should and all console programs
inherit this nice value as they should. But when I startx everything
from thereon and including the shell that is executing the startx
script has a nice value of 5. The startx script and all the files
under /etc/X11 don't contain the string "nice" so I really don't know
where this is coming from. Has anybody a clue?

Regards
Matthias