Re: Sid-Mozilla-user-crash - success!

Ahhhhh! strace, what a lovely tool. Thanks Brian.

It turns out that all my /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ms/ fonts were only root readable.

Don't ask me how that happened since the same mozilla configuration worked until the last sid upgrade, and I haven't changed fonts in months. Oh well! It's working now.

Thanks again to all who helped.

John

Brian Nelson wrote:

John Carline <jtc@stic.net> writes:

Hi all,

Since upgrading my Sid box (i386) last week, Mozilla 1.7 crashes on many
websites and when attempting to open email that calls up data from the
web. The strange part about it is that it only happens to regular users,
it does not crash when running under root.

Permission problem somewhere?

Running it through strace should give you an idea if that's true...