Re: recommendations for a content filter on debian...

"Ross Tsolakidis" <Ross.Tsolakidis@day3.com.au> writes:

> I'm looking to setup a content filter on Debian.
> I need to be able to apply different rules to different IP addresses, if
> that makes sense.
> Eg:  blocking URL sex.com for 1 IP but not the other, etc...
> I would like it to be more than just a URL filter though.
>
> Has anyone had much experience with this, could you point me in the
> right direction ?

You might want to check out squid and squidguard.  You get the advantage
of being able to combine this with adzapper as well for the added fringe
benefit of not having all those obnoxious ads all over websites as well.

BTW, those legal disclaimers on email show a serious lack of clue on the
part of your company, I'd try getting your company to change that before
the people your company does businesses with start laughing at your
lawyers.  :-)