Gnome 2.6 file associations broken in unstable?

Hello,

All file type associations in gnome 2.6 seems to be broken. I'm using
the most up to date version in unstable. I logged out of gnome and when
I logged back in all file assocations are broken and clicking on a file
such as a pdf brings up a dialog that says "There is no action
associated with "example.pdf"." and then gives the option to associate
application or cancel. I've tried to associate it with gpdf but it still
won't open up when I click on it.

It happened to me yesturday and I thought it was just something I did to
mess up my gnome configs so I created a new user account and the same
thing happened. Finally, I decided to do a reinstall with the new sarge
debian-installer and after upgrading to unstable the same thing happened
again today.

I checked bug reports for every package I thought could be the culprit
but did not see any bug reports similar to my problems. I was wondering
if anyone else is experiencing similar problems or if it is something
with my config (it shouldn't be b/c I'm running a fresh install). If you
are running the latests version of gnome 2.6 in unstable and not
experiencing this problem, you may have to log out and log back in for
the problem to occur b/c that's what happened both times with me.

One more thing, I had a copy of a gnome 2.6 beta that I built with
garnome on a special user account before I did the reinstall today, and
yesturday I decided to log into that account running the garnome gnome
2.6 beta and I did not experience the problem with that account.
However, when I logged into the same account running the gnome 2.6
shipped with debian I experienced the problem with that user account as
well, so I'm pretty sure it is a broken package in unstable. Thanks for
your help.

Bryan Traywick