Re: OT: Managing huge Mail/ folders (with mutt?)

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 09:23:20AM -0600, s. keeling wrote:
> I do all that too.  However, for the OP, it might be simpler to just
> not archive mailing list mail.  You're duplicating lists.debian.org.
> If it's all out there in a searchable archive, why do you also need it
> on your box?

The letters I hold on to typically have some info I figure I may
want/need later.  I could see holding those locally since searching
them can be much easier/faster than anything online (including Google).

If the OP holds ALL the list mail, then I see that as a waste of space,
and agree with your assessment.

Time for me to look at those tools... heheh.

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,