Re: kernel upgrade: mkinitrd: module raid1 not found

In case you are still interested in this topic, I have just spent some hours on it and found the followings:

When installing either the stock 2.6.6 kernel-image or tailor compiled 2.6.6 kernel-image, these error messages appeared but seems to be harmless (pls correct me if not):

cpio: /etc/modprobe.conf: No such file or directory
cpio: /lib/modules/modprobe.conf: No such file or directory

With the RAID support compiled in, the error, FATAL: Module raid1 not found, sounds a bug to me. It was suppressed by changing, ROOT=probe, to ROOT=, in /etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf.

My reason to tailor compile the 2.6.6 kernel is because the stock kernel-image does not recognize my pair of mirrored ATA disks. The stock kernel reported ide_??? (sorry I did not jot it down) and ide_detect module not found. I fixed this by compiling the kernel with built-in IDE support. I wish the stock kernel can get this fixed some time.

Regards,
Clement