Re: No CTRL-F1..F6 anymore

> Otto Wyss wrote:
>
> >Since yesterday I install a new Debian/Sarge system and it's somehow
> >working but after installing x-window and xfce I've lost CTRL-ALT F1..F6
> >(resp. CTRL-F1..F2 in console). Does anyone know how that could happen,
> >which package does this? How can I restore CTRL-F1..F6 again?
> >
> These are generated by starting a getty (mgetty, etc) on the various
> terminals, in /etc/inittab, as in:
>
> > 1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1
> > 2:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty2
> > 3:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty3
> > 4:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty4
> > 5:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty5
> > 6:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty6

That's exactly how my /etc/inittab looks like and ps -e shows all 6
getty's running.

I have to admid I tested with an USB-keyboard so far. I just connected
an PS/2-keyboard which allows to switch with Windowskey-F1..F6. The
question is now where did this redefinition of the keys happen and why
doens't the USB-keyboard work?

O. Wyss

--
How to enhance your code, see "http://freshmeat.net/projects/wxguide/";