Re: number of processors detected

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:12:13 +0200
Joakim Franzen <joakim@island.liu.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just installed the latest debian-sarge and have the 2.6.6-smp kernel
> package added. What is really strange is that debian detects 4
> processors but the server only has 2.
>
> The system is a Dell PowerEdge 1600 with dual 2.4GHz Xeon.

I don't know enough about Intel's 2.4Ghz Xeons... do they use Intel's
HyperThreading technology? If so, that makes each cpu look like 2 cpus
to the kernel. This is normal and means that the kernel is taking
advantage of the HT features of your cpu.

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #43:
Q: How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?