Re: Apt Questions

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 01:58:47PM -0400, Paul Tsai wrote:
> A couple of apt questions,
> How do you install a package including all the suggested packages?
> Also, is there a way to remove a package along with all the dependencies?
> Paul

Apt per se is not meant to do this. Apt-get install will tell you what's
recommended (I think) and will pull in all dependencies - try it with
one of the meta packages e.g. kde and see what happens, for example, but
it is often much easier to use e.g. aptitude/synaptic or dselect.
Dselect is especially useful for marking packages for removal

HTH, though it may not be _quite_ the answer you were hoping for,

All the best,

Andy