Re: Gnome configuration

Incoming from Paul E Condon:
> I am trying to make a configuration change in Gnome, but I'm not
> sure where I should look to make the change.
>
> My problem is that I use gnome-terminal to run an instance of
> mutt to read my email. I like gnome-terminal for this because

I like xterm for this because the last time I looked, xterm did a much
better job of handling colors.

> email hot links to web pages are highlighted and underlined *and*
> if I cntrl-click on the hot-link, it starts a web browser and

Defined in .muttrc:

macro index \cB |'w3m -m -cookie'\n 'call w3m to extract URLs out of a message'
macro pager \cB |'w3m -m -cookie'\n 'call w3m to extract URLs out of a message'

> opens the URL. But, it used to be that the browser was selectable
> via alternatives. Now it seems not to be. I'm pretty sure that
> this is not a function of mutt. It doesn't seem to exist if I

I let a mutt version of mailcap (~/.mutt/mailcap, defined in
~/.muttrc) take care of this:

multipart/alternative ;  w3m -dump %s; copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.html
multipart/related     ;  w3m -dump %s; copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.html
text/html             ;  w3m -T text/html -dump %s ; copiousoutput

> Where does gnome-terminal get the datum that it should start
> epiphany? What is the correct way to change that to opera?

I don't know why you want gnome-terminal to do this.  mutt's the
program you're running.  Configure mutt.

Then again, I don't use gnome, so maybe there is a good reason for
doing it your way.

- -