Xine quicktime stream issue

Hi,

I have been using the kaffeine-mozilla plugin to play streams in my web
browser (firefox)
This has been fine tell the otherday, for no apparent reason streams are
failing to play. Kaffeine just sits there saying "Connecting HTTP Server".

I thought maybe it was a issue with kaffeine, so I installed gxine (i know its
no longer active) gxine does the same, except that it gives a error about
plugin (I have quicktime plugins installed).

So I have got it down to this. Xine (and gui frontends) play quicktime files
FINE. All other streams (apart from quicktime) seem to be fine.
Tried using the libxine1 from testing (I use unstable) again same issue.

I am now at a total loss. Anyone have any clues ? or have the same trouble
even ?

Thanks

Caveman