Re: 2.6.7 boot problem

Martin Dickopp wrote:

Yohann Desquerre <yohann.desquerre@wanadoo.fr> writes:

i tried to boot my debian on a 2.6.7 that i just compile ( reiserfs
compile as module, my root fs is in reisefs), i installed lvm2 and make
an initrd image with :

mkinitrd -o kernel-2.6.7.img 2.6.7

i got this messages :

Cpio : /etc/modprobe.conf : no suche file or directory
Cpio : /lib/modules/modprobe.conf : No suche file or directory

Which version of module-init-tools do you have installed?
/etc/modprobe.conf and /lib/modules/modprobe.conf don't exist anymore
since 3.1-pre2-1; see the Debian changelog for details.

I use 3.1-pre5-1 version....

maybe there is another problèm in my kernel conf ?

any ideas to solve that ?

Perhaps you need a newer version of mkinitrd, but since I don't use
initrd myself, I'm not sure.  Otherwise, report a bug against mkinitrd
that asks to reflect the module-init-tools changes.

I ask me to up to date my version with the one i have it's seems to be Ok, but it didn't create th modprobe.conf file which sould replace the modules.conf of the 2.4 kernel !!!

Martin