Re: Dissapering SubDirectorys????

Thanks Diego.
I wish it was that easy, but I'm root. Remember I also said this is happening on the command line. It's not permissions.
>From the command line (as root) I can do "ls -l | more" and the subdirectories don't show? However using "mc" (Midnight Commander) they are visible?
Here's what's weird, when I delete some of the files (half of them, 3000 files or so) the subdirectorys show again via the command line and FTP? Weird huh?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Ralph

Diego Martínez Castañeda wrote:
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 10:35:15 -0400, Ralph Crongeyer <ralph@crongeyer.com> wrote:

Hi all,
I have a directory with allot of files and some subdirectories in it but
I can't see the directories at all via FTP or the command line, however
I can see them using "mc" (Midnight Commander)? Why???

you don't have assign right permissions to files and directories. execute this:

# chown -R ftp:ftp /path/to/dir
# find /path/to/dir -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
# find /path/to/dir -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

this would be enougth.

diego