Re: Can I execute keys on the keyboard from .xsession?

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Paal Marker wrote:

> That page is  not under my controle, so I have to do this locally.  What
> is the reason why I should not do this in .xsession?

Well, it just isn't the place to do it. You'd want to make sure that the
focus is alway set, even if .xinitrc is used instead of .xsession.
Another reason could be that you might want to revisit that page later
in the browsing session. In my opinion it is always better to put
functionality as close to its source as possible. Here that means the
webpage itself. Of course that requires modifiaction of that page and
that might prove difficult if it is not under your control...

Grx HdV