Re: gnome tool bar animation - turn it off ????

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 13:14, Chris Metzler wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 08:01:23 +1000
> zen@freedbms.net (Zenaan Harkness) wrote:
> >
> > How do I turn off the "sliding" effect of gnome's toolbar (when I click
> > on one side button, it "slides away off the side of the screen".
> >
> > It frustrates the hell out of me: I want an instant on/off thing, not
> > any Windows 98 style try-hard hope-the-user's still like me today!
> > Bullshit, that's what it is.
>
> Not as much bullshit as your not being willing to make even the tiniest
> effort to figure it out on your own (such as, say, by looking at the
> relevant section of the GNOME Users Manual, where I found the reference
> on how to do this in about 30 seconds).  If it frustrates you *that*
> much, you'd think it'd be worth some effort on your part.  Instead, you
> think that it's not worth *your* time, but is worth *ours*.

gnome-help has not worked for me in two years. perhaps three times in
that time I've checked the packages, tried to re-install, and help just
continues to never work for me in any of the gnome apps. Reading raw xml
files is also not what I call pleasant.

I spent about an hour this morning going through man gnome-config, man
gnome-session, searching through the gnome resedit equivalent (can't
even remember it's name right now).

I realise I did miss 'man gnome-panel'.

Obviously I should have posted in detail all the things I did at the
time. Then perhaps my frustration wouldn't have been called "as much
bullshit".

So thanks for your understanding.