Fonts are larger

Hi,

This is the question I hesitate to ask, because the cause of
the problem is beyond my wild imagination.

You see, I migrated from RH8 to Debian recently. Under X in
Debian, I noticed that some of my fonts are a bit bigger.

I use fluxbox, and its configuration is the same for both systems,
but its menu, title bar, etc are noticeable larger than that in
RH8. I.e., the same "lucidasans-10" font looks about 60~80% larger.

More over, one of Tk applications that I wrote (which hasn't been touched
for years), the panel font is larger about 30~50%.

But this is not happening to all applications. My emacs, xterm,
and another of my Tk application the window/fonts size are the
same.

As I said, the cause of the problem is beyond my wild
imagination. Is it the DPI of X? The interpretation of fonts? ...
puzzled.

Thanks for your suggestions.