Re: Recompile source after error

--- * Tong* <sun_tong_001@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to compile the emacs from source deb package. The
> compilation
> stopped in the middle because of some error.

Well, let' see:

a) Why on earth are you doing this? What could "the kitchen sink" of all
editors possible *not* have pre-compiled into it that would cause you to
want to re-compile emacs? The packaged binary works wonders (if you like
Emacs), and there are a bazillion addons if the core-set wasn't enough for
you.

b) Since you don't bother saying what the errors were, how the hell can
anyone help?

> If I use dpkg-buildpackage, everything will be started all over again.
> Which command I can use to start from where I was left?

If you are unfamiliar with compiling applications you couldn't have picked
a harder application.

> I want to duplicate the error, fix it and continue on.

That statement is contradictory. I suggest you install the binary, and
stop this idiocy.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net