Re: Samba and Codepages question (smbmount)

Ian Macdonald <imac@laiguana.org> writes:

> Thanks Bijan. I double-checked, and yes, I have all the various
> codepages that come as options in linux are compiled in as *modules*.
> So, do I maybe need to configure the module loading for the codepages?
> Or should smbmount handle this for me automatically?

I'm not sure it does. It would be good if it did. You might need to
load the modules (but I'm not 100% on that). Try loading them manually
with modprobe. If that works then add the necessary modules to
/etc/modules.

> Any suggestions on how to check that the module loading is working
> correctly would be greatly apprecated, as my knowledge in this area
> is not very profound.

The lsmod command displays the names of all the modules which have been
loaded. It also displays the number of times the module is being used.
For example if you load a module it will be displayed in the list, but
the use count will be at zero, if you then "use" the module, the use count
will go to one.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>