Re: Recent alsa midi problem

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 12:47 pm, Roy Pluschke wrote:

> After a recent dist-upgrade on my "sid" system midi has stopped working.

> Which leads me to believe that snd-emu10k1 and snd-emu10k1-synth have been
> loaded correctly.

Puzzling.  How recently did you update?  Maybe I'm in for a shock myself.  I
can't find anything wrong with your config.

Do you have all your ducks in a row in /dev?  It's the only place I can think
to look.

Are you using a 2.6 kernel yet?  devfs?  I'm not using either one.  I ran
snddevices from the ALSA sources once upon a time, and haven't had to fool
with /dev since.

What about ownership issues?  Have you tried as root?  What does pmidi -l as
root say?  (It's in alsa-utils I think.)

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/