Re: Can't surf with Mozilla

disciple@exis.net writes:

> I recently installed installed "Woody".  The system is real basic at this
> point, not many programs.  I then installed Mozilla.  When I startx, I can
> surf using Mozilla.  By the way, I'm somewhat new to linux, BUT THIS IS
> AWESOME!!! :O)  I now have several windows open.  How do I close these
> windows???  I can iconify them by clicking the circle in the upper left
> corner, and I can resize the window by clicking in the upper right and
> then dragging.  How do I completely shut the window down???

You're using twm, an ancient window manager :) It just let's you minimize
stuff. To kill stuff you have to find the quit function in the individual
program. Or you can run xkill, it kills whatever program you click on.
However it is possible to configure twm so that it does delete the window
when you middle click, or right clic, or ctrl-click and so on. That's
described in the man page.

But you should probably check out windowmaker (wmaker), icewm,
etc. For more recent window managers.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>