Re: Where should I start ?

Moin!

* mjwok@optusnet.com.au <mjwok@optusnet.com.au> [040707 16:00]:

> Which version of Debian should I download, sarge
> or woody ?  (I am limited to 12Gb download a month)

Well, if you can't decide yourself wether you want to use the stable
release or unreleased testing, I recommend to use the stable release
aka. woody.

> If I do download the CDROM images is it possible
> to convert them to DVD images (or vice a versa
> DVD to CD)?

Partly, you can use the tool "jigdo" to create new images, and use the
discs you allready have as a source medium. So only new packages will be
downloaded.

Well, for many people it is a good solution to download only the first
cd, and install the rest via net.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander