Re: ssh mystery

Antony wrote:
> Cc: <support@amigo.com.tw>

I am not sure crossposting is the best idea for this discussion.  I
have dropped that address from this reply.

> I'm having an odd problem ssh'ing into a box.  It has a public IP address,
> and is behind an ADSL router (Amigo CA8XR).  Here's the odd bit:
> hotbox:~# netstat -a
> Active Internet connections (servers and established)
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
> tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 82-70-62-108.dsl.in:ssh nuts.pulsesol.com:50734 SYN_RECV
> tcp        0      0
> [...]
> As you can see, the connection gets stuck at SYN_RECV then times out.  I'm
> not a TCP guru, but was hoping that someone could shed some light on this.

If you go to:

Page down to "TCP Connection State Diagram Figure 6" you can see where
you are stuck.  Your box should have sent an ACK back in response.
This seems to me to be getting lost or the response to the ack is
getting lost.  This really seems like a configuration issue with your
router firewall.  You should be able to see this using tcpdump.