Re: exim4: Avoiding dynamic IP blacklists

On Saturday 03 July 2004 08:10, Paul Johnson wrote:

> An article on vnunet reminds me that I was going to post how to get
> exim4 to go around those plain retarded DULs.  I finally got around to
> it, and here it is.

I do something similar but upside-down in the routers section (of my
monolithic /etc/exim4.conf, because when I switched to Debian I already
had a config file I'd heavily customized).

problematic:
        driver = manualroute
        transport = remote_smtp
        route_list = * smtp.blueyonder.co.uk
        domains = bham.ac.uk:*.bham.ac.uk:uta.fi:*.uta.fi:[...]

dnslookup:
        driver = dnslookup
        domains = ! +local_domains
        transport = remote_smtp
        ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
        no_more

(followed by the local mail routers)

The problem is that I discover a new domain is using one of these
ignorant blacklists when the message bounces.  I'd like to add a stanza
after dnslookup and configure dnslookup so that when mail is rejected
for such a reason, Exim automatically falls through to the next stanza,
routes the mail through my ISP's server, and notifies the local
postmaster that this has happened.

Do you have any idea how to do this?