Re: moby-thesaurus.dict

On Sunday 04 July 2004 12:12 am, Brian Astill wrote:

> moby-thesaurus.dict.dz doesn't seem to contain them (or at least I
> haven't found a way to unpack it.  Arc (in KDE) shows only the one file
> within moby-thesaurus.dict.dz

You should be able to get it to go with the .dict.dz and the .index file.
There's some script you can run to add databases automatically, and it should
pick them up.  If you installed that from a package, the package should have
run that script already, I should think.

I can't be more specific than this because I haven't run my own dictd server
in quite a long time.  If you're reallllllly stuck, I'll set it up here and
tell you how I got it to work.  I had mine working with all kinds of
non-packaged databases for foreign translation dictionaries and such, and I
even made my own dictionary once.  I have some experience fooling with the
thing, but none of it recent enough to feed you exactly the right magic
words.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/