Re: NFS mount very very slow

James Sinnamon wrote:
Dear list subscribers,

For the record, the problem is now fixed and nfs works very well. On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:25 pm, James Sinnamon wrote:
<snip/>

At first I thought my command:

 mount -t nfs 192.168.0.6:/etc /mnt/nfs

... had failed.  It seemed to have hanged.  I tried to kill it with
Ctrl^C, then with 'kill -SIGKILL <procid>', killing the Konsole tabbed
terminal ... but with no luck.

<snip/>

Possible clues as to what the cause of the problem were are:

1.  I have re-booted the server machine.  (Can't think why it
never occurred to me to give that a try (d'oh!)).

2. My client machine is now Debian rather than RedHat.

It is possible that these are only coincidences and the cause of problem may still have been elsewhere.

Thanks again for the help.

regards,

James

I found this thread late so I don't know much about it.
But you might consider playing with rsize/wsize parameters to speed things up more:

clang:/var/www/ /clang nfs rsize=16384,wsize=16384,bg

On a local home network this can have a big effect.