Re: fast, tabbed, gnome/wm- compliant terminal

Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> writes:

> I'd love to swap gnome-terminal for xterm, but I can't live without
> tabs...

I've started using screen recently.  It's way cool.  It doesn't have
tabs, but the functionality provided by tabs is there: you can have
multiple shells running in the same terminal.

The best part about screen is that you can set it up such that each
xterm is just a new window showing the existing list of shells.  This
means that if I decide I would like to see shells 3 and 4
concurrently, then I just open two xterms showing those two shells.
When I don't need to see the shells anymore, I close the xterms, but
the shells are still there.

Kai