Re: apt-get upgrade conflicts

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 13:41 +0000, Adam Funk wrote:
> I just did an apt-get upgrade and it kept a lot of packages back.
> I tried to apt-get install a few of them and it threatened to remove
> packages I need.

I really enjoy "aptitude" for package management.  It's interactive, and
gives you more control over the changes made to the installed package
set.  It uses the libaptpkg internally, so is compatible with apt-get.
Aptitude also adds some cool features that you will not want to do
without once you discover them.

--
Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom@pdx.edu>