From: Jason (RazM) Granum [mailto:razm@httpgames.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 1:01 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: ipopd plain text passwords

John Fleming also suggested that along with uninstalling it using --purge. I
get reasked which ipopd services I want to run but it doesn't re-ask the
question regarding passwords. When I telnet to port 110 I can't issue a USER
command to login via telnet. When I issue AUTH I get the following:

50: # telnet localhost 110
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK POP3 localhost v2003.83 server ready
AUTH
+OK Supported authentication mechanisms:
.

Any ideas? :(