ipopd plain text passwords

While doing an apt-get install ipopd I was asked if I wanted to allow plain text passwords or not for the pop3 server. I selected no without giving it a 2nd thought as I also selected pop3s. I now have some users who are trying to access their mail using clients which don’t support pop3s and they’re not able to get the ipop3 server to take their passwords. I’ve tried an apt-get uninstall ipopd then a re-install however I’m never asked the question again if I want to allow plain text passwords on ipop3. Is there a way to get apt-get to re-ask me all the questions it asked when I installed it the first time?

Thanks.

p.s. sorry for the obviously n00b question. I tried several google searches and searches on the archives without any luck.