aptitude forbid-version ?

(unstable; aptitude v. 0.2.14.1-2 )

I just discovered 'aptitude forbid-version', which supposedly allows you
to tell aptitude to skip the current version of a package.  It allows
you to avoid buggy versions without manually dealing with holds.  Very
nice.

Only problem, I'm not sure it works.  When I mark certain packages as
forbidden (and I know they are, because they show up with an F in the
status field), then type "aptitude install" at the command line, it
lists the "forbidden" packages among the packages to be upgraded.

What am I missing?

--
monique