Re: skype: Internet telephony

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 10:10:04PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> Has anyone tried this?
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS2762250480.html
>
> Given its parentage I'd pay close attention to my firewalls and what
> hosts it accesses and how.
>
> I'm very curious as to how well it does what a sane user would want:-)

Its running fine on my machine (sid).

There was a thread about it in linux-il, most reports were about debian
for some reason, although its a general linux mailing list.

There was about an even split about success and segmentation faults
(seems to be a QT dependency problem, could be an issue with
experimental)

Some people already tried running it through strace and it well
behaved. There was a report though about being able to start it with
strace but a problem connecting strace to am already running process.