Re: clamav

> > Can someone present an example of how to run clamav from the procmail
files?

> > I've only seen it run as a daemon with amavisd-new.

The simplest thing I've found is to use the clamassassin script.  This runs
clamscan (not clamd), tags the mail, and reports virii found.  You simply
call clamassassin from procmail, e.g:

:0fw
| /path/to/clamassassin

You can then dispose of the mail as desired with a procmail condition.

This is simple and straightforward.  However, I'm having a slight problem
with mine that probably has to do with something dumb that I've over looked.
Tom, if you get clamassassin going like you want, please email me.  Thanks -
John

P.S.  I just looked at the clamassassin home page
(http://drivel.com/clamassassin/), and it will now support clamd as well!)