Re: Debian stable with 2G ram

To the best of my knowledge none of the Debian stable kernels set it.
Therefore you will need to either compile your own kernel or to jump
ahead and use a newer kernel.  The linux-2.4.26 version from
debian-proposed-updates has this set and is probably the easiest way
to go.

  deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ woody-proposed-updates main contrib

  apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.26-2-686

My net card is a Broadcom which needs the tg3 module and I have been told that I also need 2.4.26 for that. Since I don't have network, can I just download the Debian package and install it:
http://ftp.dk.debian.org/debian/pool/main/k/kernel-image-2.4.26-i386/kernel-image-2.4.26-1-386_2.4.26-2_i386.deb
Do I need anything else?